Welcome to the Boise Racquet & Swim Club
Welcome to the Boise Racquet & Swim Club, Idaho's premier tennis club. Established in 1967 the club is member-owned and family oriented. Improve your overall health. Indulge your competitive spirit and enjoy quality time with family and friends.
We have 23 tennis courts - 9 outdoor hard courts, 2 outdoor clay courts & 12 indoor hard courts. Our staff includes 6 certified teaching professionals who offer private, semi-private lessons, clinics and camps for both adult and youth. Adults enjoy "block time" 2 sessions per year run for 14 to 16 weeks each. We have a weight room with free weights, cardio training, a stretching room and stretching cage, functional trainer, individual weight stations, as well as, treadmills, stair stepper, ellipticals and bikes. Fitness instructors offer a variety of fitness classes, aerobics, yoga, barre, and circuit training. Enjoy our outdoor swimming pool, opened from Memorial Day to Labor Day weekend. We offer swimming lessons, pool parties and have a competitive and non-competitive swim team.
No matter the time of year people of all ages enjoy using BRSC.
Oldies but Goodies
Dates: Sat. 9/16 & Sun. 9/17
Entry: Paper only - "Click here for entry form"
Age/level: Men's, Women's & Mixed - 60's, 70's & 80's
Tournament Director: Kevin Conner 208-376-1052 if you have questions.
Fall is coming to Idaho - BRSC is getting ready for the indoor season and that means lot's of blocks.
If you need help finding more tennis contact Ryan Thompson-Aja at email@example.com or 208-376-1052 and see if she can help you out.
Enjoy the season - winter is just around the corner....
BRSC Adult & Junior Tournaments:
"Click Here" to see all adult tournaments held at BRSC!
"Click Here" to see all junior tournaments held at BRSC!
Love-50 Capital Campaign:
The Boise Racquet and Swim Club will turn 50 in 2017. Boise's tennis lovers, swimmers, and fitness enthusiasts have enjoyed the unique opportunities of BRSC and we want to ensure its success for another 50 great years. We are looking to raise $500,000 over the next two years, to update the clubhouse, pool area and spruce up the facilities.
These improvements are necessary for the vitality, growth and longevity of the club. Club patrons can show their appreciation and commitment to the ongoing success of BRSC by donating to the Love-50 capital Campaign.
"Click Here" to make a donation today!
USTA / IdTA Tennis Information:
"Click Here" for Year End Ratings
The Idaho Tennis Association has posted league information, see attached grid for dates and all league play. "Click Here"
For more information go to www.idtennis.com or call
Bob Ewing at 208-322-5150 ext. #205
Find us on facebook!
Fun Facts about Tennis:
1. The Wimbledon trophy has a pineapple on the top of it.
2. The longest match on record took place in 2010 at Wimbledon, when John Isner and Nicolas Mahut went gladiator on the courts in a ridiculously epic 6-4, 3-6, 6-7 (7), 7-6 (3), 70-68 win for Isner that spanned three days and lasted 11 hours, 5 minutes.
3. Boris Becker was the first unseeded player ever to win the Wimbledon in 1985. He was only 17 years old at the time. He also became the first German and the youngest
player to win the title.
Up Coming Events
At a glance: 2017
- Jan. 1 - New Years Day - Happy New Year from BRSC staff.
Open 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Jan. 7 - BRSC Team Tennis begins
- Jan. 9 - winter blocks begin.
- Jan.12-15 Twilight Even #250005817 click on the ID#
- Jan. 26 - Board Meeting - offsite 4pm.
- Feb. 9-12 Twilight Odd #250011317
- Feb. 16 - Board Meeting 5:30 downstairs at the club.
- March 3 - USTA Mixed 18 & Over begins.
- March 6 - IdTA Spring Singles Flex League begins.
- April 10 - USTA Adult 18 & Over begins.
- April 16 - last day of winter block.
- April 24 - USTA Adult 55 & Over begins.
- May 1-7 Men's 55 National Indoors #250000917 click on ID# to join.
- May 5 - USTA Mixed 40 & Over begins for 6.0 & 8.0.
- May 6-11 Men's 50 National Indoors #250001017 click on ID# to join.
- May 19 - USTA Mixed 40 & Over begins for 7.0 & 9.0.
- May 19 & 20 - Idaho High School State Championships.
- May 25-29 - Gatorade Idaho Open #250012017 click on ID# to join.
- June 2-4 - USTA Mixed 18 Over District Championships.
- June 5 - USTA Adult 40 & Over, IdTA 65 & Over, & IdTA Tri Level begin.
- June 10-11 - Love-50 Tennis Open.
- June 22-25 - 2017 Peterson Toyota Summerfest Tennis Tournament #250012817 click on ID# to enter.
- June 15 - Board Meeting 5:30 pm downstairs at the club.
- June 15 - Home Swim meet. Pool closes at 3pm.
- June 26 - Home Swim meet. Pool closes at 3pm.
- July 5 - 7 Barbara Chandler Jr. Open #250013217.
- July 14-16 - USTA Mixed 18 & Over Sectionals.
- July 20 - Board Meeting 5:30 pm downstairs at the club.
- July 21-23 - USTA 18 & Over Districts.
- July 31 - ITA Fall Mixed begins.
- August 1-4 - Gatorade Jr. Open starts #250013617 click on ID# to enter.
- August 3-6 Once In A Blue Moon Tennis Tournament #250013717 click on ID# to enter.
- August 11-13 USTA 40 & Over Districts
- August 14 - Block Lottery - 2:00 p.m. for daytime & 6:00 p.m. for evening.
- September 8-9 - IdTA 40+ Mixed Districts
- Sept. 18 -Fall/Winter block start and ends January 7, 2018.
- Sept. 16 & 17 - Oldies but Goodies 60's, 70's & 80's paper entry only - call 376-1052 for more information
- Sept. 29 - Oct 1- ITA Fall Mixed Districts.
- Oct. 6-8 - BRSC Club Championships #250014517
- CLOSED - November 24th - Thanksgiving Happy Turkey Day!
- Dec. 4 - Winter Block Lottery 2 p.m.
for daytime & 6:00 p.m. for evening.
- Dec. 15-17 - BRSC Junior Winter Classic Tournament #250015317, click on the ID# to enter.
- Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Dec. 25th Christmas day club CLOSED Merry Christmas!
Note: We've made it easy for you to enter our tournaments, click on the highlighted ID# and go directly to the USTA website and enter.
Questions or concerns call 376-1052
Summer - Boise, Idaho
Member Quote: "When I'm here, I'm great" Angel Trajkovski - member since 9/4/95